Childbirth in the Żelazna Medical Center
We would like to invite you to give birth in our Hospital. Let’s start by watching the film – A Tour of the Hospital.
- Management of pregnancy, diagnostic tests (including 4D ultrasound), laboratory and prenatal tests at St. Sophia’s Specialist Hospital – contact: (22) 25 59 900.
- Childbirth school preparing for childbirth and motherhood, yoga for pregnant women and other courses for parents-to-be – e-mail:
- Perinatology unit – treatment and hospitalisation for pregnancy-related complications.
- Natural childbirth in the Labour and Delivery Suite – 7 single rooms with bathrooms and in the Hospital Birth Center – an intermediate form between hospital birth and home birth for women who dream of a non-medicalised, natural birth in an intimate, home-like setting. The Birth Centre has three birthing rooms – Paris, London and Rome.
- Equipment in our rooms – bathtubs, sako bags, birthing stools, balls, ladders, birthing ropes, portable fetal heart rate monitors.
- We use perineal protection.
- Methods of relieving labour pain:
- We offer non-pharmacological methods of labour pain relief, including: hot water baths, hot and cold compresses, massage, aromatherapy, TENS apparatus and pharmacological methods of pain relief – epidural analgesia or Entonox medical gas, which has a calming and anti-anxiety effect.
- We offer the option of individual perinatal care by a midwife of your choice.
- The presence of a companion at the birth is free of charge.
- Caesarean section – qualification for a caesarean section takes place in our Hospital – telephone (22) 25 59 900. If a caesarean section is planned, it is possible for a companion (e.g. a family member/for a fee) to attend.
- After birth, a healthy baby remains in skin-to-skin contact with the mother.
- During childbirth it is possible to collect cord blood.
- We perform newborn screening, including for SMA.
What to take to the hospital?
List for Mum, Baby and Dad.
After the birth:
- The mother stays with her baby in one of the three maternity units.
- We offer lactation advice and consultation by a urogynaecological physiotherapist and a psychologist in the unit.
- We also have family rooms with the possibility of staying with a loved one 24 hours a day (including overnight stays).
- We have a Neonatology and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of the third (highest) reference level specialised in the treatment and care for the sickest newborns, including extremely immature newborns with extremely low birth weight.
- Our patients have access to diets tailored to their nutritional needs (basic diet, vegetarian diet, vegan diet, diabetic diet, high protein diet, liver diet and any other diet recommended by the attending physician are provided).
- You can rent a breast pump at our Clinic at ul. Nowolipie 25.
- We perform procedures and surgeries via the vaginal and abdominal approach as well as laparoscopies and hysteroscopies.
More information – +48 532 122 201 from 8:00 to 15:00,
St. Sophia’s Specialist Hospital
- diagnostic and laboratory tests
- obstetric, gynaecological, paediatric and lactation consultations
- rehabilitation for children and adults
- vaccinations for children and adults
ul. Żelazna 90
ul. Nowolipie 25
Call center (22) 25 59 900.
We hold EN ISO 9001:2015-10 and EN ISO 37001:2017-05 certification as well as a Certificate of Accreditation from the Ministry of Health.