Visitation policy at Żelazna Medical Centre during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, visits to the hospital have been limited and have been specified in the Visitation Policy at Żelazna Medical Centre during the COVID-19 pandemic and the regulations of the Act on Patient Rights and Patient Rights Ombudsman of 6 November 2008 (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 849, as amended), in particular:
- Art.33.1: “A patient of the medical entity which performs medical activity encompassing fixed and 24-hour health services as specified in the regulations on medical activity has the right to receive personal contact with other persons or contact them via phone or by correspondence”,
- Art.5: „A Manager of the entity providing health services or a doctor whom he authorized may restrict the use of patients’ rights in case of the occurrence of epidemiological risk or due to health safety of patients, and as for the rights specified in Art.33.1. – the right to respect for private and family life, also due to organisational capabilities of the entity.”
RULES OF VISITOR ADMISSION AT ŻELAZNA MEDICAL CENTRE
Bearing the safety of patients staying at the hospital, only adult visitors indicated by the patients on admission to the hospital in the Admission Room are allowed to visit.
Visitors must be healthy and must comply with one of the following criteria:
- They have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, i.e., at least 2 weeks have passed from the last dose (both one and two-dose scheme),
- They have a certificate of past COVID-19 infection, up to 6 months since the last positive result of the PCR test confirming the infection (convalescents),<./li>
- They have a negative test result (antigen, PCR) for COVID 19 (valid up to 72 hours from the date of collection).
ORGANISATION OF THE VISITS
- Visiting hours are from 2.15 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- Each visit lasts no longer than 30 minutes,
- Each visitor enters the Hospital’s main hall via entrance no. 3 (from Żelazna street), where their temperature and saturation are taken and the following documents must be presented:
- due to safety reasons, all visits take place in the ward rooms,
- visits take place in accordance with the schedule supervised by the personnel of the ward,
- only one visitor can be staying in the ward room at the time,
- patients report the arranged visits to the midwives of a particular ward,
- all persons staying in the ward room must wear disposable face masks (patients and the visitor).
- document confirming vaccination, convalescent status, valid negative test result,
- document confirming identity,
Each visitor is obliged to:
- present to the personnel of the Hospital a document confirming a past infection, vaccination, or a negative result of a test for COVID-19,
- disinfect hands before entering the ward and after leaving the ward rooms,
- wear disposable face masks at the whole premises of the Żelazna Medical Centre,
- sit only on chairs available in ward rooms (sitting on patients’ beds is not allowed),
- limit their movement around the Hospital/Żelazna Medical Centre (to places other than the goal of the visit),
- familiarize themselves with the Visitation Policy at the Żelazna Medical Centre during the Covid-19 Pandemic and to comply with it.
The Personnel of the Hospital has the right to reject the admission of visitors who do not comply with the rules in force in the hospital and to ask to leave the premises.
PRESIDENT OF THE MANAGEMENT BOARD
Wojciech Puzyna, MD, PhD