Our team of International Board Certified Lactation Consultants and Certified Lactation Counselors help Parents cope with a range of breastfeeding problems they usually face.
St. Sophia’s Hospital, awarded Baby-Friendly designation and Patient-Friendly certificate, provides breastfeeding Mums and their babies with ongoing care and guidance after they leave hospital.
Our Lactation Clinic expert professionals are dedicated to supporting Mums and finding solutions to their nursing problems . A consultation visit to the Clinic gives each Patient an opportunity to present her individual difficulties and concerns associated with breastfeeding her newborn baby.
We also encourage you to benefit from home lactation visits.
You are welcome to visit St. Sophia’s Specialized Clinic
The visits are not funded by NHF
Please get acquainted with our consultation visit price list
Appointments: 22 25 59 900
Appointments and additional information: Monday – Friday from 10am to 3pm at 668 308 855 or 22 25 59 818,
Payment can be made in person at ŻMC cashier’s desk every day from 8am to 3pm or to a bank account number 27 1240 6247 1111 0000 4975 3815 (additional note “lactation visit” and the Patient’s full name are required)
- talk with you about your breastfeeding experience so far and the problems you encounter
- ask about your delivery, your and your baby’s health condition, nursing of your previous children (if you have any)
- weigh the baby and carry out a visual examination
- examine your breasts
- observe a feed
- correct your breastfeeding technique (if necessary), resolve all doubts and answer your questions
- investigate together with you the reasons of your problems and develop a plan to help you reach your breastfeeding goals
During a visit you will need:
- a hungry baby
- Personal Child Health Record
- a few washable nappies
- a spare change of baby clothing and disposable nappies
- a portion of formula or pumped breast milk if your baby needs supplementation
- your breastfeeding notes
If you believe your problem requires doctor’s consultation, you are kindly requested to note it upon making an appointment.