Our Physiotherapy Team provide personalized exercise and rehabilitation recommendations for patients after:
- vaginal surgery
- physiologic vaginal birth and c-section delivery
EARLY POST-PARTUM REHABILITATION PROGRAM
Pregnancy and childbirth is a very special time in woman’s life, however, it can be very hard on her body. Apart from obvious visible changes, it affects the urogenital diaphragm muscles deteriorating their function and contributing to the development of numerous dysfunctions such as urinary incontinence or genital prolapse.
Prophylactic exercising during pregnancy and early post-partum re-education considerably improve muscle condition and strengthen the stretched muscle fibres to function normally again. They also help women enjoy their intimate health and wellbeing and take proper care of it.
Following the French standards, we enable our Patients to benefit from the pelvic physical therapy.
During your consultation visit our physiotherapist will:
- assess the condition of your pelvic floor muscles
- make recommendations about further physiotherapeutic management of your problem
- advise how to quickly get your body back to shape after childbirth
- instruct you when to safely initiate and how to correctly perform the prescribed muscle strengthenig exercises
The Perinatal Department Patients need a doctor’s referral to benefit from consultations and a direct rehabilitation session. The physiotherapeutic care in the Perinatal Department partains to the problems and dysfunctions related to or resulting from the course pregnancy, as for example:
- ischialgia or conditions similar to ischialgia
- instability of the linea alba
- pregnancy-related pelvic pains, particularly the ones affecting the patient’s mobility; the pain radiating from or to the outside of the pelvis, the pubic symphysis diastasis or conditions similar to symphysis diastasis
- prolonged immobilization resulting from high-risk pregnancy
Because of the rising demand for physiotherapeutic care, we suggest you inform the Department duty midwife of your intention to attend a consultation visit with a urogynecologic physiotherapist. (on weekdays 08:00 – 12:00)
The consultations are available ony to the in-patients of St. Sophia’s Hospital. The Patients of the Perinatal Department seeking the physiotherapist’s advice need a doctor’s referral.
mgr Anna Jakóbik
mgr Daria Lipa
mgr Karolina Łataś-Zagrajek
mgr Małgorzata Starzec-Proserpio