Our childbirth education classes are designed for Expectant mothers and everybody else who would like to acquire new skills (not limited to newborn care), get more fit, strengthen muscles, and share experiences with others.
Tel: +48 668 308 855 or 22 25 59 818
10:00 – 15:00 (Monday – Friday)
During our classes we discuss the supportive role of your childbirth companion, we debunk the myths around lactation and post-partum period and answer all the questions you want answered.
Collaborating schools accredited by St. Sophia’s Hospital which offer education classes in English:
1. Birth School – Magdalena Witkiewicz
+48 603 404 799
School website www.czlowiekodrodzenia.pl/
2. aKuku Center for Women – Magdalena Kukulska
+48 787 360 036
School website www.polozna.com.pl
The schools provide information about our Hospital, admission tothe Labour and Delivery Suite and the Obstetrics Department.
To enroll in classes, please contact your chosen school.
The program of the workshop includes:
- Birthing positions
- Simple techniques of massage
- Correct breathing training
- Methods of labour pain management
- A tour of the Hospital Birth School ( if there are rooms available for visiting )
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PREGNANCY YOGA?
- it helps you undersand and cope with inevitable body changes accompanying each pregnancy
- improves your overall health condition and enhances your stamina and wellbeing
- the exercises strengthen the spine and positively affect your body awareness and its flexibility to help you choose the most suitable birthing position during labour and delivery
- it relaxes, calms you down and makes you feel more self-confident
- yoga classes create an opportunity to meet other mums-to-be and share experiences with them
Who are yoga classes meant for?
- for every expectant mother from the 15th week of pregnancy provided she does not have any serious medical condition that can prevent her from participation. It is recommended to practise prenatal yoga on regular basis ( at least once a week until childbirth ) to achieve the expected results
- there is no need for any prior yoga experience to do the prenatal classes
What are the benefits of postnatal yoga?
- it supports shorter recovery time and quicker return to physical, mental and emotional wellbeing
- decreases muscle tension and post-partum discomfort, e.g., shoulder, neck and back pain
- promotes active mother – child bonding
- calms you down, leaving your mind soothed and relaxed
- it is a great opportunity to meet other mums and share experiences with them
THE CLASSES ARE PERFORMED BY Inga Dańkowska, a qualified yoga instructor.
She is the only yoga teacher in Poland to have The British Wheel of Yoga Diploma and specialization in prenatal and postnatal yoga. She acquired her professional qualifications and experience in Great Britain where she worked as a yoga instructor until 2012.
All classes ( except the ones provided by the accredited Birth Schools ) are held in the main building of St. Sophia’s Hospital at 90 Żelazna Street.